Our last day of the tour was a LOT of driving. Our drives were always interesting as our Jeep only started by hot wiring it. It did make us laugh every time we got in the car. Not to mention the fact that there was a lot of sign language going on to communicate with our non-English speaking driver.
As for they day's activities, we hiked to a waterfall and spent a large amount of the day 4 wheel driving through the hills on bumpy dirt paths, going through various hill tribe villages and coffee farms (is that what you call them?). This is the Doi Chang coffee company. We topped off the trip with a quick dip in the hot springs just outside Chiang Mai. Then off to ANOTHER market with the two Israeli guys I met.
The next day I wandered Chiang Mai, which is a beautiful town surrounded by a moat. I spent a large amount of the time at a shopping center as well, where I was happy to find a replacement for my favorite jacket that went missing somewhere near the end of my Australia trip. I also splurged on snacks of Auntie Anne's pretzels and Dairy Queen blizzards. Yum, yum, yum. And they cost a grand total of $3! I caught the 9pm overnight train back to Bangkok. I unfortunately didn't sleep much, as the phone of the guy across the aisle from me rang every 30 minutes and he never woke up, so it just rang and rang and rang and my seat mate took up her seat and half of mine as well. Eventually I did sleep and woke up in Bangkok where the festivities for the King's Birthday were in full swing. That warrants its own blog...
No comments:
Post a Comment